It’s been some time since I posted. Not much to say. Things are going well.
Rattling on about writing has become a little –eh, boring. But, I’m going to have to do a little bit of research on a topic that I uncovered in a story this morning. So, I thought I’d share this little bit of humor. The writers that are reading this will just nod. Readers will probably get a kick out of it.
I am convinced that if I am not on the FBI watchlist. I will be soon.
Consider this –
For my first book, my internet search history includes:
- Where to find prostitutes in Myrtle Beach, SC (this was infamously uncovered in the search history by Jill, my wife…fun)
- Forums where strippers and their patrons post about their experiences
- How to pick the lock of the modern hotel keycard lock
For my second book, at the very least, my search history included:
- Vodun teachings on the afterlife
- Historical weapons of Native Americans (the Mohawks, in particular)
In addition, I regularly look up stuff about guns. Despite my love for crime fiction and the violent stories found in the genre, I am for all intents and purposes a pacifist. I have never owned a gun and can only remember once shooting a shotgun. So, yeah, call me out on it when I get something wrong (I don’t mind, actually … I do my best). My only point is … my internet search history would make me look like a budding domestic terrorist.
I won’t share what I’ll be researching during my next writing session, but yeah, it’s FBI watch list stuff.
*FBI is not a reference to JoJo Bigtree